Friday, June 28, 2013

Second Short Day in Beijing

Before I continue, I do realize I had numerous of mistakes on my previous post. Here are reasons why I made such mistakes:
1) I am fobby.
2) I was jet lagged.
3) Ching chong ling long ting tong.

 So, I woke up at 6 A.M to a foggy (or smoggy) Beijing. The first thing I did when I woke up was play China's League of Legends. I'm clearly making the most of my visit here, but I honestly think playing games inside is better than being outside.

Around noon, my cousins wanted to have KFC for lunch. Even though I'm not a big fan of fast food, I took this trip as a learning experience. So, here is several fun facts about China's KFC:
1) It is open 24/7.
2) For a US dollar, you can get congee AND coffee for breakfast.
3) They offer boba milk tea.
4) Chinese people apparently have no concept of a line.
5) Chicken is chicken.


After lunch, my cousins and I had to get change for laundry. The lady at the counter who gave us change called my cousin 帥,which means handsome in English. However, he didn't know what she said. Once I told him what that meant, his ego went through the roof. When he had a pencil and paper, he immediately wrote this sentence: "我很帥。” (I am handsome.) This feeling of his would soon be shot down when we went to my Aunt's nephew birthday dinner.

This was by far the best, filling meal I had thus far. There was a Sichuan dish, Japanese tofu, two steamed fish, 30 pieces of dumplings, bok choy, fried rice, noodle soup, steak, and more. Luckily there was a lot of food because there was a language barrier between me and my aunt's nephew's family. They spoke Thai, and I spoke Mandarin, which is unfortunate because they seemed real nice. Anyways, at one point of the meal, my aunt said to the birthday boy that he was the most handsome boy. My cousin felt some jealousy, and said: "It's only because it's his birthday..." If the birthday boy knew English, I wonder how that would've turned out.

Not much happened today, really. I don't think I'm going to do much tomorrow since it will rain in Beijing apparently. On Sunday, I will go to the Great Wall of China.

No comments:

Post a Comment