Monday, July 1, 2013

Worst Chinese Movie Ever and Placement Test

Last night, my aunt gave my cousin and I free movie tickets to the school's cinema. So, we decided to go to the theater to check out what movies were out. Once we arrived, we ended up just walking into a random movie, which was set as an auditorium.


The movie we walked into is called Switch. I'm not going to bother writing much about the movie since it is ridiculously bad. If you want to know more about the movie, here's a link:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/entertainment/switch-a-disjointed-mess/708938.html
(It's a concise read.)

After wasting most of my evening watching this film, I had to rest for today's placement test. The test consisted of listening comprehension, reading comprehension, and a bit of writing. The listening portion was probably the most difficult section since I had to listen to the thick Northern Chinese accent. It made me miss listening to my parents, friends, and Taiwanese professors speak. The rest of the test was no big deal even though I didn't know some of the characters. This made me worry that I was going to be placed in Beginning Chinese, but luckily, I was placed in Intermediate Chinese. Looking over the textbook, it shouldn't be a tough summer, or at least I hope it's not.

Classes start tomorrow so I won't be updating my blog daily. Just in case I don't have time on the fourth, Happy Independence Day! U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A!

No comments:

Post a Comment